Mafitalia
Please Log In to your Account, or Sign Up with us if you're interested.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mafitalia
Please Log In to your Account, or Sign Up with us if you're interested.
Mafitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas or Questions?

3 posters

Go down

Ideas or Questions? Empty Ideas or Questions?

Post  Admin Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:51 am

If you have any ideas or questions for the admin about the site, feel free to ask them here! We'll answer as quickly as we can. ^^
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mafia-hetalia.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Ideas or Questions? Empty Re: Ideas or Questions?

Post  somewan Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Sorry if this is an odd question, but how will inter-family interaction be in these forums? It seems like everyone is only interested in RPing within their own families, and... yeah. Will it be difficult to have friendly (or otherwise) interactions with characters from other families? Will there be many opportunities to do so?

And I feel like it'd be a good idea to describe the setting in a bit more detail. Not necessarily a map, but maybe a brief list of buildings or common destinations within the city and such. And maybe a description of the sort of thing that the mafia families do and what they're after, since it doesn't seem all that clear. Just a suggestion, though.

somewan

Back to top Go down

Post  Maccheroni Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:57 pm

It isn't odd to ask, don't worry!

Inter-family relations are however you want to go about it. Generally it tends to work that families who have characters who interact well tend to get along, spark rivalries, etc. Like before, the German and Roman households always had a little spark between them from the heads. Really though, it is however you want to go about it. You are allowed to talk to anyone you want, regardless of positions. The forums just started up again, so people are excited to see how their families interact, that is the reason why most are only posting with theirs. A few have broken free from that, and more will. You are allowed to do whatever you want. It isn't that difficult normally. Of course, depending on rank, things can be easier or more complicated.

Also, we do plan on bringing back what was called the God Card system, which promotes interaction between families.

Well, it was left a tiny bit vague on purpose. If you look in all the different territory, key spots in that area have subforums and are described, which is the buildings. There are one or two for each area, and they are all different. As for buildings not listed, you are welcome to suggest things, or just post a topic saying where it is if it is somewhere you are only going to use. Like say you want to make a topic where you go into a restaurant in the city center, you are welcome to make a topic about it in the forum. No one is restricted to the places set in subforums. All the territories have small descriptions of what that part of the city is like, so that should help.

As for the other things you say, those are between the players to decide really. The plot was already slightly restrictive with preassigned heads, guards, and heirs, so we really wouldn't want to make it more restrictive with those types of things. Based on other roleplay forums I have run, it doesn't work out too well. For the houses here, we have most of the members, so if you talk to the ones in your own house, they would be happy to talk with you as far as goals go.

Hope I helped a bit! If you have any other questions, just ask~
Maccheroni
Maccheroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukas Jørgensen Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:53 am

*Will sound like an annoying pain in the ass*

Technically there is HTML on the forum, it's just turned off (look under the smilies when you post, you have HTML is OFF BBCode is ON and Smilies are ON) I checked in my profile and the HTML is on, so that mean it's not authorized by the admin.

Spoiler:

Lukas Jørgensen
Lukas Jørgensen

http://gakuenhetalia.1fr1.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Maccheroni Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:51 pm

This forum server actually has a lot of glitches with HTML codes according to other places, and I don't know how to change it offhand. I can look into it for you.
Maccheroni
Maccheroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukas Jørgensen Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Oh dear god no, don't do it xD Almost ripped my hair out once because of *beep* glitches !!
Lukas Jørgensen
Lukas Jørgensen

http://gakuenhetalia.1fr1.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Maccheroni Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Okay then! Sorry that it is like that.
Maccheroni
Maccheroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 pm

This is something relatively small. But you know when someone reserves a character, I just thought it would be better if the reserve looked like this.

EX. [Whatever Character Here] - Due [Whatever Date Here]: Reserved by [Whomever Reserved Them Here]

Yeah. I just thought it would be better to include the name of the person who reserved the character.

>>
<<
Yeaaahhhhhhh... END. :'DDD

-EDIT-
And... okay... not to be super patronizing and all, but can we now give a deadline to Yao (China), James (Australia), and Tibet? I feel like people are going to go 'OMG. WHY ARE YOU BEING SO IMPATIENT. JUST WAIT!' to me. But I feel like it's gone on for so long... So... And I know that they have their own lives to worry about but still... -feels a bit bad for saying that- If they couldn't have turned it in by now, wouldn't it be better to let someone else take them? Other people might want them as well... so... -frets-

And one more thing. How often are activity checks going to happen? Once a month? Once every two months? Three Months? And when? Beginning of a month? Middle (in case it's two months, the end of the first month... since that's the middle)? End (in case it's two months, the end of the second month)?

Yeah... sorry for being so picky and nagging with this... -frets nervously-

Back to top Go down

Post  Maccheroni Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Ahh that can get really confusing, as simple as it sounds. I am assuming you are referring to the tiny mistake I made earlier tonight, but I promise that had nothing to do with it.

Yes, I know, I was just thinking about that really. I haven't seen China around, and they haven't really updated anything, so I will see what happens with them. Don't wanna see them go but it has been a while now. The other one miiiight be my fault, but I will see tomorrow if possible. Since the person isn't online now. But we have to see what to do with China.

I normally do activity checks once a month, give or take a week or two because of life things. They should also be done whenever needed. Like if everyone is clearly active, there would be no reason for it. Though as awesome as that would be, it rarely happens. So about a month generally. All depends on the forum itself~
Maccheroni
Maccheroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Ah. No. It wasn't because of that. The timing was just... I spoke of that because it's just a little something of mine. -likes to see who reserved who- ><

And okay... I too don't really want to see old ones go... but it has been quite long... >_________<

Still... I haven't seen some people around so yeah. I just thought we should have an activity checks... save for those who are on a hiatus. -now goes and glooms in a corner because she's being so imposing and patronizing and etc.-

Back to top Go down

Post  Maccheroni Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Oooh haha. I am just paranoid, ignore me~. Oooh if that is the reason then that makes more sense. I was gonna say, if you were worried about it being the wrong person, I can IP stalk everyone.

Same! I am sure you understand how it is. At least those are characters not taken easily, for their sakes. I can't do it right now but I will see tomorrow, okay?

Hmm I just looked, and no one on the site has not been online. The only person who would be in trouble would be one person who hasn't logged in since the 22nd. We are in no reason to panic and kick people out yet, I promise! We are doing great, actually. You don't have to worry. There will be activity checks when the time comes. Now is too soon~
Maccheroni
Maccheroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:31 pm

-huggu- SORRY. I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU PARANOID! -fretfret-

Tomorrow is fine~ -gringrin-

AND SORRY. -is just being all paranoid about the downfall of this place- -doesn't want it to happen a second time- -DEFINITELY DOESN'T WANT TO COME BACK TO THE CHATBOX FOR MANY DAYS, BEING THERE ALL ALONE- -PSH. THIS IS DEFINITELY LIKE MY SECOND HOME-

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum