Mafitalia
Please Log In to your Account, or Sign Up with us if you're interested.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mafitalia
Please Log In to your Account, or Sign Up with us if you're interested.
Mafitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berwald Oxensteirna

3 posters

Go down

Berwald Oxensteirna Empty Berwald Oxensteirna

Post  guest_ Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:09 am

First, I really hope I'm putting this in the right place. I could not find the character forum and so I am assuming that this is it... Sorry if I'm wrong.

T H E C H A R A C T E R

Berwald Oxensteirna Sweden

Full Name:Berwald Axel Oxensteirna
Birthday:June 6th
Is this an application for a first or second character: First.

Family: Nordic

Strengths:
1. Logic: Berwald's rough accent may lead some to believe that he is unintelligent, but he posseses a shrewd, almost Vulcan logic.
2. Technical skills: Like many Swedes, he had an inate skill with all things mechanical. ...including guns.
3. Self-Reliance: Unlike most people, who draw strength and courage from the boldness of others, Berwald has come to rely solely his own heart's mettle.
4. Thoroughness: He always checks each component of any plan twice. Like Santa.
5. Solidarity: Mr. Oxensteirna posseses solidity both of body and of mind. To everyone he cares for, especially his adopted son and would-be-wife, he is a rock and unalloyed defender.
6. The Death Glare: Of course, his most effective weapon is his horrifyingly stoic expression.

Weaknesses:
1. Secretly, he does care for his family and few friends, and hates that he would do almost anything to protect them.
2. At times, though loyal to those he cares for, he can be prone to insubordination under certain leaders that he dislikes.
3. Even though he is very trusworthy himself, Berwald often has a hard time trusting others.
4. He is very secretive about his sexuality and is easily offended by related topics.
5. Although he now lives far from home, he still has a weakness for surstromming (fermented fish) and other traditional Swedish dishes. He is very patriotic.

Personality: Often, Berwald is seen as cold and unfeeling, even scary, but he often just lacks the words or will to speak his thoughts. At times he can be quite caring and protective; however, as most people are frightened of him, usually no one notices his kind gestures (he often fixes things for people while not telling them, as he is certain they would be too scared to accept his help).
On occasion, Berwald posseses a kind of stoic humor (see Dambolis) which is seen by some as cruel. He is a very artistic person, but in his current profession he more often paints in blood than with oils, composes with screams rather than with notes.
He is a man of few words, but many thoughts.

History: Berwald Axel Oxensteirna came into this world as a murderer, and his father never let him forget it.
The stoic man you see today was, indeed, once only a baby. A baby that cost his mother not only pain, but her very life. Due to complications that arose while he was in the womb, the 23-inch-long Berwald had to be removed by Caesarian section. Unfortunately, the only doctor in their remote Swedish town hadn't been able to save Ragnhild Oxensteirna.
For the entirety of the boy's young life, he was grudgingly raised by his fisherman father, brought up constantly reminded that he and he alone was the reason that the only love of his father's life was no longer among the living. Because of this, and Viktor's violent temper, the boy learned to keep to himself, staying at school or in the library as much as possible.
He studied hard and got a job at the age of 14, working to get out of his father's loathful prescence. At only seventeen years old, he moved away from his hometown, searching for a place new and more accepting of such a tall and silent youth as himself. To this end, he found the city of Medezka and a man named Simon Densen ((this is my name for Denmark, for story-telling purposes only)). Though Berwald often disagreed with his new boss and mentor, he did appreciate his skills at living in the city, his quick way of getting things done (even if those things were often done through other people), and the way the man held his liquor.
Berwald trained with Simon and his accomplices in the gentlemanly arts of awordsmanship and markmanship, eventually working his way up to being head of security and book-keeping in the Nordic area's rather brutal but hectic mafia.
In this possition, Berwald tried to bring some order to at least his part of the operation, succeeding only when he convinced his boss to stay out of his affairs. However, even now that the stoic Nordic's possition was both feared and respected, his life somehow felt incomplete. A lucky accident would give him the piece that he missed.
In order to increase his power over the English house, Berwald's often-rash boss had assigned him the task of kidnapping the Kirkland's younger son, Peter. After some searching, Berwald found the boy in, of all places, the docks near the Nordic area of the city. He captured Peter and took him home, but as he was about to imprison the boy, he all but lost his heart for it and decided to let him have a room of his own.
Simon's other henchman had sent a note asking to for the boy's ransom, but they showed complete disintrest in having the boy returned, a fact that both shocked and somehow relieved the man who had grown quite fond of the Peter in his three day stay. The boy somehow reminded Berwald of himself at that age, and he now coun't bare to make the boy think that he was unwanted yet again, so he adopted him right away.
Unfortuanely, as he had never really been taken care of himself, Berwald quickly realised that he simply could care for young Peter himself, and began to look for a wife. Berwald had never really been attracted to anyone else before, but he figured that in a city so big, there had to be one woman that was suitable for him, so he began to take note of the women in his life.
Though many were beautiful or clever, he never really could find anyone one could both match him at business and help him at home. However, one day, while traning a new recruit, he caught a scent of someone promising. But as Tino Vainamoinen walked into his office, he was sure he had been confused. However, as the day progressed, he learned that the scent had indeed been this young man and it was indeed getting him aroused. he was still confused, but his logical side told him that a man could fulfill his needs just as well as a woman, so he decided to pursue him.
He began to spend more time with Tino, training him extra (though he was actually an incredible markman already...) and eventually inviting him to his home to meet Peter. At dinner that night, Berwald asked Tino to be his wife, so that he could help take care of Peter. Tino blushingly refused to the marriage but agreed to help with Berwald's son, as he too had been charmed by Peter's spirit and charisma.
Now Berwald has a son, a wife (well, kind of), and a place of respect at the near top of a powerful opperation. And though Simon won't stop trying to influence Peter, and he still hasn't really found love, Berwald Oxensteirna is a very happy man.
((sorry, that was an essay...I'll shorten it if you want.))

Other Important Info: Berwald will strangle you with his bare hands is you play ABBA or disreprect his country (these two are the same thing to him).

Roleplay Sample: As the hard heels of his boots echoed along the coridor, he pulled his hat further down over his eyes. He turned the brass knob of the heavy door he had come to, the swirling wind outside sprinkling him with misty rain and causing his thick coat to flutter.
He stepped cautiously out on the the rooftop, his steps causing the fine gravel on the tared surface to cruch. He listened for the sound of heavy breathing and folwed it to behind a watertower that was on the left side of the rooftop. "Ya c'n't hide h're, Arthur. Ya know i' as well as I." As he slowly moved to face the man, he aimed his gun's sights at Arthur Kirkland's chest (as if he needed to aim at this range), the barel of the loaded Walter P 38 handgun pushing him towards the wooden tower.
"He tr'st'd ya an' you let 'im run away. All o' ya. Th's. Is. A. Warning. The n'xt time ya st'p ou' o' line, the c'nsequenses w'll be m're...p'rmanent." Berwald's arm moved quickly up and then down, the thin metal barell contacting solidly with the shorter man's head.
The Englishman groaned and slumped to the ground, the protective father turning to go home to his son.

O O C I N F O R M A T I O N

Name:Lilli
Timezone:eastern
MSN/AIM;etc: MSN: mechanical_heart@live.com
Aim: damianaxhelonias
You read the rules, right?: Mossy green~
Anything else?: The picture (if I did it right...) is me, btw. If I need to change that though, just tell me and I'll put a drawing.

grah...and sorry this is so long...

guest_

Back to top Go down

Berwald Oxensteirna Empty Re: Berwald Oxensteirna

Post  Tino Vainaminen Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:10 pm

it looks good but can we revamp the history to fit with mine? ^_^
Tino Vainaminen
Tino Vainaminen

Back to top Go down

Post  guest_ Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Ah, sure. I tried to make it mostly fit, but I guess I misses some. What would you like me to change?

guest_

Back to top Go down

Post  Maccheroni Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Sorry for the wait! You are accepted! Only thing is, please put spaces between your paragraphs when you post so it is less blocky. Thanks! Please make an account with the name Berwald Oxensteirna.
Maccheroni
Maccheroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Berwald Oxensteirna Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Eh, sorry, but I can't. The other Sweden still has an account with that name, so I made one with the name SteelAndIce and changed the display name to Berwald Oxensteirna. Sorry if that causes any confusion...tell me if there's any way I can fix it.
Berwald Oxensteirna
Berwald Oxensteirna

http://mishomishi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down